I breezed through the rest of fall term, flew home for Thanksgiving break, and came back yesterday, started labs again today, without updating squat on this journal. WOE IS ME! This is my laziness in full force people. I haven't even unpacked my clothes yet.
The night before I left back for school, I went over to Gwyn's just to say bye and retrieve my Hotel Africa manhwas from her, but I ended up staying for a good hour talking with her. It was sooooo nice, omgah! All the good stuff happens when you're close to leaving, I swear. It happens every time for me. We talked about alot of things, about our futures, boys, complicated-feeling-edness, SHINee. . . just stuff. I love times like that. They're special. <3
Stasha got a webcam while we were in Pensecola for Thanksgiving. We went to Best Buy on Black Friday, but the webcams weren't on sale, really. We got a logitech one for $20. I WANTED to get Smallville Season 6, because they had all the seasons for only $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (those things are worth $50-60 a season *gasp*), but I couldn't find it on the shelf. It stopped at season 5. And Stasha was already in that boa of a line, so I couldn't spend too much time roaming the place till I found it. When we left the store, Stasha told me she saw a whole stinkin bin of Smallville dvd sets. I could have died. We didn't get any Smallville, sadly, so I'm stuck with hunting them down on the internet and using up hard drive space. Oh well. It was my intention anyway.
I took my first taxi on November 20th 2009, ladies and gents! It was THRILLING! I called for one the night before and didn't even know how to ask for one. lol I was like, "Ah em, uh-how---what are your hours?", then the arab guy was like "hehe, m'am, our service is 24 hours," so I was like "Oh! Okay, well. . . " and I told him I needed a ride to the airport at 4:30am the next morning and he asked for my address, and that was it. I got up at 3:30am, so I'd have time to take a shower and figure out what last minute stuff I'd need and then he called my cell telling me he was parked downstairs. He was like, 8 minutes early. That made me happy. I'd heard stories from Nesha and Erin about their cab experiences and both told me theirs were always late. They told me to call a few of them and catch the first one that arrived. I just risked calling one. So I figure I'd give him business next time I need a ride super early in the morning. It was a pretty fancy cab too, with leather seats and tinted windows and such. I thought those were the ones that were most expensive, but apparently, they're the same price as all the other ones in Charlotte. I was highly impressed. :D
When I got home, I didn't get to take a nap at all. Gwyn and I went straight to Tampa to pick up Kriss and we talked the whole way there, catching up, listening to toons, you know, the good stuff. Then, Kriss, Gwyn, and I got Taco Bell, then took Kriss home, stayed at Kriss' for about 30 minutes, then Gwyn picked up Stasha, we reunited there, and she took me to my mom's. I was at my mom's for a good two hours. We had a good chat. She had to take Stasha back to the school at 5:30, so I waited for her to take her up there, then I went home to get ready for Stasha's school's football game at 7:30.
Omg, I was already spacey from being so tired. I got a pretty prominent headache by the time the game was over. And we didn't even go straight home after the game. Since the team one, nana took us to get ice cream at Sonic, then she had to take Stasha's friend home. *sigh* The day was crazily long. But it was well worth it. I had such an awesome day that day. First taxi ride, first football game. xD And Stasha's really not that bad in cheerleading! She and Chengzhi look dorb in their uniforms, doin' they're little moves. It was fun to watch. And the game was intense!!! I had alot of fun.
My bedroom's frikkin magical! That new bed I have. . . I miss it already. Only got to sleep in it for about 5 days. That wasn't enough. :p
* Went to Steak and Shake with Maria, Kara, Chase, Emily Walker, and Ronnie last Tuesday. We caught up and cracked jokes. I LOVE get togethers like that.
* Went to Cassie's thanksgiving party on Tuesday also. That was warm and toasteh fun. <3 The turkey and ham was splendid, but I felt a little awkward for the first hour we were there. Felt kinda out of place, mostly because I hadn't seen the crew in a while, and also because I'm so not in CCS anymore. That must've been it. Surrounded by a bunch a' youngins'. lol With the exception of Gwyn and maybe Andrew, I guess. lol It was still fun, though. Cassie's an awesome friend.
* The trip to Pensecola was very nice. Everyone came this year--everyone back home, that is. Chris, Scooter, Mom, Nana, Papa, Stasha, Dede, Me, Auntie Wyler, and Tyler. My mom, Chris, and Scooter, hadn't been showing up for the last few Thanksgivings we've spent in P-cola, so alot of the fam was very happy to see them.
* I'd been in a fairly crappy mood that whole trip, mostly because of my selfish want to sulk and be moody. I really don't know why I felt so impatient on the drive; maybe riding in vehicles with family did that to a person anyway, but I just got annoyed so easily on that whole trip, pretty much. Maybe it was because I was sleepy? No idea. I don't wanna say it's hormones, because I really can't identify hormones in the first place. I put myself in denial over alot of things like that. >.< I don't know when I'm gonna stop doing that.
* So many babies in the family now! :3 Makes me so happy! I got to hold four of them. <3333333 So squishy, smooth, soft, bubbly! I kind of daydreamed about having kids a few times while I was there. But give me a break--there are NO babies whatsoever in the fam that resides in boring old Palm Bay. If we want to see babies, it's going to be coming from the next gen., which is me, Stasha, and Dede. >____<;; not happening any time soon. So you can imagine my excitement when I lay eyes on babies I'm obligated to hold and love on, because they're part of the famileh! :DD Man, I love babies.
* I haven't written much in the past few weeks, like I should have been. I promised a chapter to Maria on break, and I totally haven't even much started on it. It's depressing. But since she hasn't asked, I'm gonna take the opportunity to try and finish it so I can surprise her. Haven't done that yet. 107,000 words total, though! That's a novel already!!!! <333 Oh man, you don't know how good that feels.
* Well, anyway, it's nice to be back in Charlotte. I found myself missing friends and my room. My dorm bed is actually very comfortable. I want to buy a duvet cover for my comforter at Ikea. They have a very nice selection. It's gotten way colder, cold enough to make my hands feel like I've stuff them in a freezer for long enough, enough to make my face feel uncomfortable and well, cold.
* I was very glad to find that the same students I've been seeing for the past three months are now mixed with a batch of newer students who've moved in for the winter term. There have been much more cuter boys roaming around, and *whispers* more gays. The first guy me and Olivia met--when we were leaving out of the taxi from the airport-- was a cute gay guy in the elevator. I was so bummed. He was adorable, and a waste of boy. My hopes of getting a boyfriend have broadened though.
*Hey hey! I was totally unaware of the new asian guy sitting in front of me in the cafe tonight. OH MAN, I was talking to Portia and absently looked away when a guy caught my attention when he stood. When he turned around, I almost freaked out. His eyes were so hot! He had those sporty kinda intense asian eyes, the narrow ones anime artists usually put on evil or mysterious characters--that kind. But he doesn't look that talkative or friendly, so I don't know if I'm ever gonna talk to him. But that's alright. If this batch isn't all that, maybe Spring term'll be even better!! keke. I'm so desperate. lol
* Okay, I need to sleep now. More tomorrow, hopefully. Peace!!! xD
be blessed. <3